New MacBook Air--How to see video podcasts

Reaction score
First Ipod Touch, then Ipad 1, now Ipad 2 and last week Apple TV and MacBook Air. After a career using windows based hardware (from DOS to Windows 7 and everything between) I'm moving to the ios and os x ecosystem. I really like these new devices. More are in my future.

I really feel like a newbie here however. My favorite network is Twit.TV but I can't figure how to watch video podcasts. Live streaming works fine, but all of the video casts just seem to produce a black start screen that does nothing.

I came to Apple because of Leo and his gang. Now I'm cut off. Please do not tell me that I have to go back to my PC to watch Twit videos. How can I do it on my new MacBook Air?

OP
W
Reaction score
iTunes won't download Twit video

Have you tried getting the podcasts through iTunes

Yes, iTunes always results in error 3259 almost immediately. Safari to Twit.TV then selecting the video I want results in a frozen black start screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you got norton installed, or another third party security app

C

chas_m

Install Flip4Mac WMV Player and Perian (both free) and let us know if that makes a difference. It shouldn't, but perhaps because you previously visited the site on a Windows machine your "cookie" is set to WiMP format or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.