SATA port multiplier

Reaction score
I have MAC pro, OS X (10.6.5) 2x3 Ghz Quad core Intel, 7Gb RAM.
I have 4 external SATA HDD pluged to MAC standart slots, and i want to connect more HDD's to MAC reserve SATA slot (Using the Mac Pro's 2 extra onboard SATA Ports with External SATA Case Kit). idea - connect 5 HDD's through SATA port multiplier. So i bought sata port multiplier (1x5) 1 to 5 SATA Port Multiplier (SCSI) SiI3726

there is problem- MAC finds only one HDD which are coneccted to SATA multiplier port 1, another HDD's which are connected to port2, port3, port4 and port5 not visible in MAC.

Any solutins?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I believe that one is designed to operate in a raid type system in looking at it. Wikipedia Port multiplier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has a description that leads me to believe there a couple different type of Multipliers or maybe software you will need to operate it correctly.

This is right from the specs page on the item. Manage multiple devices via GUI do you have this GUI software installed to edit the Items Bios per say?

I have not does the search yet for the mac pro but.. The FAQ of the device states if the onboard controller is not PM compatible you will only see the first drive.

Found some info for you on the mac pro SATA ports

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1298463?threadID=1298463

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.