MBP 13" Freezing when Gaming?

Reaction score
Hey,
I I'm a recent MBP user, and I've been playing some SC2 on some decent graphics settings.
But I've been freezing a lot, and I don't know if there is a Control+Alt+Delete
or something, so i just have to manually press down the power button to restart. >:/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
To force quit hold option/command/escape.

C

chas_m

What's more important is to find out the cause of these freezes, as that is NOT normal behaviour.

Check around to see if others have had the same problems with Starcraft 2 in particular, and if not maybe you need to better ventilate the machine. See if playing at reduced settings makes the system more stable, and since you have already experienced freezes and forced shutdowns I would do a full repair suite (Diskwarrior, OnyX, AppleJack) as well. Needless to say, keep your backups up to date.

OP
D
Reaction score
Interestingly, opt+cmd+esc doesn't work like ctrl+alt+del for me, in the sense that for a not-responding or frozen program it doesn't work.....

For starcraft 2, I'm already using a laptop cooling dock, so heat shouldn't be an issue... why do freezes in applications generally occur? Maybe there is something else I could do.....
Thanks.

C

chas_m

Freezes in applications don't generally occur.

On the rare occasion that someone might get one, the culprits are generally faulty ram or lack of disk space. Much more rarely, they can be indicative of a logic board fault.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.