I love my Macbook Pro!

Reaction score
I've lurked this forum a couple times before so I thought I would register and say hi.
I bought my Macbook Pro back in November while I was in Afghanistan but I was injured and returned to the US so I didn't get it for 3 months which killed me to wait.
So far I haven't had any issues with it, it's so easy to use, the applications and software is pretty good and I love the clean, uncluttered look of Snow Leopard.
I just started getting into photography, visit my Flickr page here Flickr: Teen_UH's Photostream, so I'm still learing and hopefully I can get good ideas from the Mac-Forum Flickr group that I joined also. I haven't purchased Aperture yet because I don't know if I should use that or save for PS.
Well, I think I spoke enough about myself now lol.
-Ryan

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back home. Thank you for your service. :) I have a sister that's been over there since Oct and countless friends that have Afghani dust on their boots. Not the best tour to have to do - to be sure.

I didn't even know there was a Mac-Forum Flickr group - I'll have to go check that out. I think your debate should be more between Aperture and Lightroom - not Aperture vs PS. But I'll leave that to the real pros who can drown you in information on that topic. Last I saw, Aperture was only $79 in the App Store - which is a steal!! I paid the full $200 :(

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
...I haven't purchased Aperture yet because I don't know if I should use that or save for PS.

They essentially do the same things, it's just that you can do more with PS. Do some research on both before you buy. It really depends on how you work with photographs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.