CAN'T Open iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
I tried to download pics from my camera, but I can't get iPhoto to open. Before when I download pics from my camera, it pops the window open when I turn the camera on. When I click on the iPhoto icon, it bounces for a second then quits. Has anyone else had this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Can you open iPhoto the normal way by clicking it in the dock? If so then just drag and drop the photos from the camera into iPhoto.

Hope this helps

- Simon

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't open iPhoto from the dock, or from Apps. I can't get my pics off my camera because nothing happens when I try to unload them from my camera. It acts like it's already open, but I can't see it anywhere.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yipeeeee
I just figured it out. Somehow it had been tucked down clear off the desk top and almost out of sight. I happened to see the very edge of iPhoto down next to my Dock. Thank goodness I didn't have to re-install. Thanks guys for the quick. I hope this short thread might help someone else who makes this mistake.

C

chas_m

MontanaMac: if you are keeping actual applications on your desktop, you are Asking For Trouble.

Put iPhoto back where it belongs -- the Applications folder -- and drag it from there to the Dock to create an alias of iPhoto. Launch iPhoto from the dock.

The NORMAL procedure for cameras to import to iPhoto is to simply plug the camera or card reader in. iPhoto would then launch automatically, read the card and ask if you want to import some or all of the available pictures. Unless you've deliberately turned this off, that's how it is supposed to work.

EDIT: Ah, okay then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I think he may be talking about an open iPhoto window rather than the app.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it was an iPhoto window open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.