MacBook i7 plugs

Reaction score
I have the new MacBook Pro i7. I have two questions:
1: I have an older iPod with the wide Mac plug. How do I plug this into the new MacBook? Do I need special adapter or am I still going thru the learning curve?

2. Does Mac not accept the scan disk type cards? It would not accept one of my SD cards

C

chas_m

1. "The wide Mac plug" is presumably the dock connector. You need a dock or a cable that goes from the dock connector to USB. You should be able to buy such a thing from (literally) ANY electronics store, though why you don't already have one is a bit of a mystery.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by a "scan disk" card. If you're by chance referring to SanDisk, you'll have to specify what kind of card (ie what did it come from). Broadly speaking, the phrase "SD card" refers to Secure Digital cards commonly used in cameras. Do you mean that sort of SD card? If so, Macs can read them without difficulty: either via the camera's connection to the computer (usually USB) or through a USB card reader.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.