which is better??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
Hi,
i for say use my MBA for 24*7 so i am in vain to do what.
1) plug it all the time to power source.
2) let the battery discharge then recharge it again.

as with my dell what i do is i had removed the battery and then i use it on power source whenever i wish to use it.

so please let me know from above to options which is better.or is there a way to remove battery and use it in power source.

Note: OSX 10.6.7 let u have an direct icon to APP store....which is way cool....
and everyday i am learning the new magic from `MBA ....

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would not recommend using a MacBook without the battery and just being plugged in. Many things could happen and if the powercord somehow gets detached...well then goodbye to all your work.

Reaction score
The computer also throttles itself when running off of AC power. I don't know if you have noticed, but I have my battery stat display set on time and when it's fully charged it will state this, however when the computer needs more power than the charger can provide, it will draw power from the battery as well.

If you dont' have a battery plugged in, the computer will throttle itself back to prevent the need to pull extra power. Keep it plugged in and let the battery drain once in a while; it isn't good to keep batteries topped off for a "long" period of time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.