HELP with restoring my bootcamp partition

Reaction score
I am encountering a problem in restoring my bootcamp partition into the mac side.

I previously erased the boot camp partition with disk utility and its now empty.

Now i want to reinstal windows onto it but then bootcamp assistant says that the must be formatted as a single Mac or partitioned by boot camp assistant (which it is).

Now i want to restore the bootcamp back to one disk - the mac side without deleted everything.

is there a way? can anyone help me?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The proper way to remove a Boot Camp partition is with the Boot Camp assistant not Disk Utility. Your hard drive is probably fragmented so there is not enough contiguous space to create a new partition for Boot Camp.

What you need to do is erase the hard drive making sure it's all one partition, reinstall OS X and during the reinstall use your Time Machine backup to restore. Then run the Boot Camp assistant again. It should work this time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.