Almost there...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Hello everybody. I'm Brand new to the forums, but more importantly am going to be brand new to the entire mac world. Yes, you read right, "am going to be." I currently use a PC and like a lot of new users, have never touched a mac before. (except in grade school when Oregan Trail was the hit computer game). I've always wanted to switch, but for the longest time heard rumors that macs were not as good as the IMB compatables. Well after doing a little research of my own, of course I find out that not only are they better but MORE reliable and smoother to use than that of a PC.(As I'm sure all you veteran Mac users already know). Last month, I finaly made a trip to the computer store that carried macs (which not a lot do here in Phoenix), and played around with the new imac G5. I totaly fell in love. I couldn't believe the clarity and smoothness of the mac. The transition between applications was amazing, and there was absolutly no stalling while multiple programs were running. I should be getting my new imac G5 within the next couple of weeks and I can't wait. I know it may sound totaly geeky, but Im looking forward to learning all about the mac and its compatible programs. With this new excitment upon learning about the mac, I hope my many future questions do not become a burden, as I know I will have a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
congrats! and welcoem to the mac world, and mac-forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Congratulations, You are going to love the mac when you get it.
Welcome to the forums, we are all always here to help and we will provide a quick answer if we know the answer.. Maybe even somtimes you can even lend us a hand fixing a problem you already ran into ;) Enjoy.. welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
I have only used Macs .Tried a pc didn't like it, even have a Dell laptop I have been on it for 10 minutes (got it last year) lol so I guess I'm a pc virgin lol

OP
evolve
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Thanks guys. I do have a Question though. I'm not sure which imac to get. I do like to mess around with some graphic design and animation (even though Im not very good) and was thinking about just getting the 17"er, 1.8GHz, with the combo drive and upgrading the ram to 1gig. (possibly even going wireless keyboard and mouse). According to the apple website, it will total $1484. Not too bad in my opinion. On the other hand,. however I don't know if I should go with the 2GHz one that comes with the Superdrive. That comes out to $1684.00. 2 G's more. Not sure if 2 grand is worth the .2 more GHz.
Help me out with this one guys...what would all you mac veterans choose? Would it be worth it to spend the extra 2 thousand?

OP
evolve
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your session timed out....and yes..lol I meant 200...

H

Harryc

evolve said:
Your session timed out....and yes..lol I meant 200...
What I was recommending was to take a look at the refurb'd iMacs at apple.com. There's is a 20 inch superdrive 1.8 there now for less than any price you mentioned.

B

badmojo

Welcome to the forums. If you game, the new iMacs have more vram, built-in bluetooth and wifi. Some of the older iMacs did not have these features. Another Zonan joining M-F....

Reaction score
get the latest and best, you'll just want better before you know it. Spend the extra money now, if you can afford it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.