safari shutting down when watching videos or on graphically intense websites

Reaction score
13'' macbook
whenever im on southparkstudios.com or vzw.com logged into my account, safari will play the video, and then randomly shuts down. went into console and here is the logged msg:

Apr 13 19:09:13 garrett-martinezs-macbook com.apple.launchd[112] ([0x0-0x56056].com.apple.Safari[4825]): Exited with exit code: 1

help pleaseeee??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about providing us with the crash log? We'll need to take a look deeper into what caused the crash.

Click on the Apple, click on about this Mac, click on "More Info". Scroll on down to logs. Look for the crash log on the right side and copy paste it here.

OP
M
Reaction score
yeaa not too sure where can you direct me where to go? thanksss and thanksss for writing back! :)

Picture 1.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Wrong log. I specifically said crash log, you provided the printer log. From the image of your logs you provided, it doesn't look like the system generated a Panic Crash Log. The only one you show is an older log from 2010. The next time Safari crashes, open the logs and look for the latest (dated) log that was generated. It might show up in the System Log if not a Panic Crash Log. In the meantime, try another browser (FireFox maybe) to see if the same thing happens.

C

chas_m

At a guess, since both of the sites you mention use Flash to some extent, I'm going to say that something is wrong with your cooling system. Either you are blocking the vents so they are not functioning properly, or (less likely) one or more of the fans that cool your MacBook have stopped working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.