Virtual PC and Viruses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I know Virtual PC can get viruses.. It will run any software that it is asked to. This means that if a virus is asked to run on virtual pc then it will... My question is if virtual pc gets ifected with a virus can that cause damage to my system? (infecting memory, osx, other applications files, etc.)

My dad wants to borrow my computer to run mytrack (his stock software) and I don't want my powerbook being infected with viruses and all those problems that can infect computers.. So please let me know.. If the viruses do not cause problems after vpc is shut down then I will allow him to buy and install it on my powerbook for our sking trip if not, i am going to tell him to go and buy a cheap dell.

So advice? comments? Suggestion?
Thank you in advanced for your help, I know you guys are going to offer alot of help in this subject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Basically, if VPC gets a virus then your Windows image will be pooched...but that is about it. All you would have to do is trash it and then put a fresh image on. Just like you would if you got a truly horrible virus on a real Windows system, you would reinstall Windows.

It will not affect your Mac in any way, shape or form.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much, I owe you one. Looks like I am buying vpc then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
You know you can get a cheap PC laptop for less then VPC with XP right?

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Acill said:
You know you can get a cheap PC laptop for less then VPC with XP right?

VPC is only 200$ pluss having it on my powerbook means I only have to carry around 1 laptop instead of 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.