I need some Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core i5 dual 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Disk, Intel HD Graphics 3000 324MB, 13-inch
Hi there! I bought my Macbook Pro before 1 and a half month and i do need now to use some apps that i had in my ooold pc that had Windows...The first and most serius application that i want to use is Cubase...!
But i can u tell me? Can i work it in my Macbook? Also if i get a virus in Windows does this affect's my Mac OS? Or it will affect only the partition and any application in the Windows partition? Thanks in advance!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If the application only works in Windows and there is no alternative for Mac, then you'll need to run Windows either through Parallels/VMWare Fusion/VirtualBox inside a virtual machine or use Boot Camp and install it along with OS X and boot into it when you want to run the application.

You'll want to take all necessary precautions when running Windows REGARDLESS of whether you run it on a Mac or not. However, anything bad that happens to Windows is isolated to just Windows and will not affect OS X..

Regards

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core i5 dual 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Disk, Intel HD Graphics 3000 324MB, 13-inch
OK! I think that an emulator for Windows would be more handy and easy than installing Windows with Bootcamp...But is any of these programs that u suggested me running Cubase? It's the only reason that i want Windows in my Mac...Is there a list that i can see the programms that they are supported? And what do u mean with ''precautions''? Antivirus for Windows etc.?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First determine what version of Windows runs Cubase (I don't know that application).

1. Grab a copy of Parallels/VMWAre fusion ($80/each) or the free Virtualbox
2. Buy the copy of Windows you need
3. Install VM software and create virtual machine
4. Install Windows in the VM
5. Install Cubase in the newly installed Windows
6. Profit?? ;)

Regards

Reaction score
And ... you need to read both stickies at the top of this forum first. They will answer all your questions. In addition to parallels and fusion, Sun's VirtualBox will create a windows virtual machine and is freeware.

cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.