Newbie Question

Reaction score
I just bought my first Mac after hearing tons and tons of other people in my field tell me how great it is for what I do. As such I have a bunch a newbie questions that I am researching in all the help menu's and such. But one I can't seem to find it how to resize the Safari windows. I have a 27" IMac and want to have a couple Safari windows open at the same time and view the whole web page without have to scroll left and right.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Regards,
Clint

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Just grab the bottom right corner of the Safari Window and size to your preference.

OP
C
Reaction score
Just grab the bottom right corner of the Safari Window and size to your preference.

Ok, I must be half retarded because when I click and hold on the bottom right of the window where the three slashes are it doesn't do anything.

Edit: HA figured it out, Thank you!!!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
:) Enjoy your new iMac :)

Reaction score
Hi, I know this doesn't have to do with this question, but how do I ask a question? Sorry to interupt. Thanks

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the forum you'll see a button in the top left corner that says new thread as shown below.

bydefault2011-04-09at115636AM-1.png

Click that and fill in the topic of your question - something catchy and attention grabbing ;) and then ask away. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
how to make safari remember the tabs i open...as i have multiple tabs opened and when i close they are gone ...again i have to start fresh

Reaction score
how to make safari remember the tabs i open...as i have multiple tabs opened and when i close they are gone ...again i have to start fresh
Chrome can do that. Not sure about Safari.

What you can do is create a folder in your bookmarks comprised of the websites you visit most often. Then, in Safari > Preferences, you can tell Safari to open this folder whenever you open a new window.

C

chas_m

Two methods:

1. Under Bookmarks, there is an option to Add a Bookmark for These Tabs. You can put this in your bookmarks bar if you like.

2. Alternatively, you can set up a folder (in your bookmarks bar or elsewhere) of all the bookmarks you want to open and choose "open in tabs" to have all the bookmarks in the folder open in tabs:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks but like in chrome or firefox when we close multiple tabs it says do u want to remember...that kind of option i am looking for in safari...i tried but couldnot get hold of it...its time consuming in opening all these saved tags...right now i use almost 22tabs

thnk

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
thanks but like in chrome or firefox when we close multiple tabs it says do u want to remember...that kind of option i am looking for in safari...i tried but couldnot get hold of it...its time consuming in opening all these saved tags...right now i use almost 22tabs

thnk

have a look in safari extensions gallery, i think there is one that does this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool man....there are other things that i was looking for and now installing...never going to use mozilla or chrome...**** with them

C

chas_m

Also, the "Top Sites" function works in a much cooler way than the "multiple tabs" idea. You can edit the "Top Sites" to be the specific ones you want rather than just the most frequently visited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac | iPod nano | iPhone 4
Also, the "Top Sites" function works in a much cooler way than the "multiple tabs" idea. You can edit the "Top Sites" to be the specific ones you want rather than just the most frequently visited.

Is there any other place where the top sites will show up at except in the bookmarks tab on my main menu when I have Safari open, I have the book Switching to the Mac by David Pogue, looks like in one of his illustrations that the top site is displayed in the web page just below the bookmarks. Also I don't understand the keyboard commands, I can't seem to get anything to work when I use the command key plus whatever other key is supposed to be used for a certain command. I'm confused! And also a little frustrated:[:[

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there any other place where the top sites will show up at except in the bookmarks tab on my main menu when I have Safari open, I have the book Switching to the Mac by David Pogue, looks like in one of his illustrations that the top site is displayed in the web page just below the bookmarks. Also I don't understand the keyboard commands, I can't seem to get anything to work when I use the command key plus whatever other key is supposed to be used for a certain command. I'm confused! And also a little frustrated:[:[

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. If you're in Safari - hold down the command and option keys and then press 1. It will open top sites. Cmd + T will open a new tab with Top Sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac | iPod nano | iPhone 4
Thanks Brian- I am new with the Mac always used PC and hope I will never go back, not to mention also I'm almost 56 years old LOL. I found it. Thanks for all the help.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Brian- I am new with the Mac always used PC and hope I will never go back, not to mention also I'm almost 56 years old LOL. I found it. Thanks for all the help.

Hehe - no worries. There are plenty of folks around here with a few gray hairs ;) Mine just falls out. Enjoy the Mac - don't be shy about asking questions. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you want to reopen those tabs the next time you open Safari, go into History and choose "open windows from last session".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.