itunes will not update

Reaction score
itunes will not update it keeps saying that its not connected to the internet, but it is connected. Any ideas thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12GB of RAM, 27", dual core
itunes is usually pretty good about knowing whether or not you are connected, so my vote is user or hardware error.

OP
C
Reaction score
not user error I can be surfing the net and click to update itunes and when it gets through downloading it says unable to update not connected to the internet so I guess its not hardware because everything works even itunes, it just wont update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12GB of RAM, 27", dual core
attempted a reinstall? or if its a laptop, from a different wireless source?

Reaction score
You're using a Mac, right? This is usually an issue on Windows computers with firewalls.

C

chas_m

CMartucci has got it, I think. The OP probably turned on the firewall on their Mac (turn it off, it's not needed) if they're using a Mac, or has incorrectly set up the firewall on Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 13" 2.3Ghz 4gb RAM 320GB Hard Drive - iPod Touch 4G 32gb - iPod Touch 4G 8 gb
That happened to me also, try uninstalling itunes and then download it again from apple. I tried everything (firewall, internet, restart, everything) and it was a no-go. Hope it helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.