"A newer version of this software already..."

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to install Sothink SWF Decompiler 5.1, but its not letting me install to my hard drive because I have the demo of Sothink SWF Decompiler 6.0. Its saying, "Sothink SWF Decompiler for Mac can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of this software already exists on this disk."

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I uninstalled the 6.0 version. I can't seem to find it in applications, hard drive, or library. Any suggestions?

I'm working on my Macbook Pro I got about 5 months ago.

Thanks!

Postman

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's probably something that still remains on the machine pointing to the demo version. Spotlight is not very good at digging into sub folders and the such. Here are a couple of apps that do a better job of finding things, both free:

Find any File

EasyFind

In the meantime look here:

MacIntosh HD/Library/Receipts

Also, in case anyone suggests one of those automated uninstallers, they too have trouble finding files that are sub-layered or hidden.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.