microsoft office 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
do you guys use this/reccomend this for my imac G5??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Do you need Office? If so, I would recommend it, I think it's a great application suite. If you just need a word processor just to have one, I'd go with Apple's iWork suite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
when i ran it it was very glitchy and quit often, i find iwork or appleworks a much better option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've been using Mac Office for almost 3 years and never found it glitch.

M

macguy.nielsen

MS Office 2004 is a great program (I personally have never found a glitch). With Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Entourage - these are some of the best office programs to date. Word blows Appleworks out of the water if you needs lots of different and easy to use options. Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
MS Office:mac is a great applications suite. I have never had any issues with it. There are however, some nice alternatives... and they are free to boot! :)
OpenOffice and NeoOffice are excellent and are compatible with MS formats. You can also use AppleWorks for compatibility with most MS formats. I have never used it, but I would assume that iWork would be the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah it depends on what part of the suite you are wanting. I really liked the whole suite and I am still bummed that I switched to Apple mail and iCal, but they integrate with everything so I felt it was more necessary to switch to them, even though I really really like Entourage. The rest of the suite is nice also.. I can't say that I have ever found a glitch in any of the programs in the suite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I like it, never found a glitch, everythinng runs smoothly and I like the easy to use inerface. Just becasue its microsoft does not mean it is bad. Microsoft is actually a good company and creat good products for the mac. (microsoft if the reason he does not feel comfortable putting it on his system after or conversation in aim) and therefore I am going to continue to recomend for the rest of the forum community that I like microsoft office and I could possibly be lost with out using it. (I use it for school alot)

B

BEEEsH

Glitches or not, get ms2004. Remember, just about everyone else using computers are using PC's. Compatability is a great thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I actually like the Mac version of MS Office even better than the native XP version. And not just because it is on my Mac... I really to like the way it looks and functions better. Office on my PC would crash regularly... whereas the Mac version is very stable.

Plus having that extra compatibility has been great considering most of my clients are PC.

M

mangoSharingan

I too have Office 2004 and it's so great. Of course, if I was a bit short on cash and couldn't afford it, I would be happy with NeoOffice. I don't have Appleworks though, even though it says it's bundled with my iBook on the box...:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
mangoSharingan said:
I too have Office 2004 and it's so great. Of course, if I was a bit short on cash and couldn't afford it, I would be happy with NeoOffice. I don't have Appleworks though, even though it says it's bundled with my iBook on the box...:(

You definitely should have received AppleWorks (or iWork) with your iBook. Have you tried the Software Restore disk that came with the machine? Perhaps it just needs to be installed.

M

mangoSharingan

Padawan said:
You definitely should have received AppleWorks (or iWork) with your iBook. Have you tried the Software Restore disk that came with the machine? Perhaps it just needs to be installed.

I have checked all of the 3 CDs that came with my iBook and can't seem to find an option anywhere to install it. All I can see is some Appleworks language stuff...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
mangoSharingan said:
I have checked all of the 3 CDs that came with my iBook and can't seem to find an option anywhere to install it. All I can see is some Appleworks language stuff...

There might not be a specific option to install AppleWorks, but when you run the Software Restore, that should be one of the applications that is installed.

You should also be able to use an application such as Pacifist to install AppleWorks from the Restore disk.

B

Berman

it should come with appleworks pre-installed, along with a 30 day trial of office. appleworks can read/write office documents and for most people is just fine.

D

djmitch

I bought Office 2004 immediately after switching simply because it was a comfort zone thing for me - I was very used to using the four programs already. However, I gave up on Entourage (Outlook on PCs) in favor of Mail, Address Book, and iCal with only the slightest bit of regret (Entourage's mail settings are more customizable), but not enough to have me running back to Entourage.

If you experience glitches, perhaps updates on Microsoft's website will smooth things out: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#Office2004.
However, I'm not sure if Billy-boy will spy on you while you do this.:robot:

I have no idea how Office compares with Appleworks or iWork - I haven't checked either out because I'm so satisfied with Office that I haven't found the need to.

M

mangoSharingan

Padawan said:
There might not be a specific option to install AppleWorks, but when you run the Software Restore, that should be one of the applications that is installed.

You should also be able to use an application such as Pacifist to install AppleWorks from the Restore disk.

Thanks. Do you know which of the follow 3 CDs it might be on as I cannot seem to find the install file anywhere:
- Additional Software & Apple Hardware Test
- Mac OS X Install Disc 1
- Mac OS X Install Disc 2

I'll give the Pacifist appliaction a go though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.