Indigio with No OS, How do I install OSX?

Z

ZooyorQ

I purchased an Indigio off Ebay that had no OS on it, but it does have a DVD, so I went out and got OSX, I'm excited to start working with it. I've never used it. I am however a Network Engineer so I'm fairly compitent with Windows and Linux based computers. However, when I place the OS X cd in the tray and Reboot, It waits a bit, spits it out and shows the flashing "No OS!" Icon again.

What am I doing wrong.. Is the OSX Cd not bootable?

OP
Z

ZooyorQ

supremeoverlord said:
you need to hold the C key down when you boot up off the CD

Also, is there a way to tell that you have the DVD Rom? I just want to make sure I got what i paid for. Thanks!

I'll try the holding C.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Does your iMac have a slot loading drive? If not then there it is not a CD-ROM (unless the previous owner upgraded). What are the specs that he said it was?

OP
Z

ZooyorQ

I paid 125$ (without keyboard or mouse or anything).. Here's the exact stats:

COLOR : INDIGO

SUPER CLEAN LIKE NEW

Manufacturer Apple
Model IMAC
Processor 400Mhz
Screen Size 15
Hard Drive 10.2Gb
Memory 128MB
DVD DVD 6X
Modem 56k
Network Card 10/100 NIC
Audio Soundblaster 16
Video 8MB
Operating System No Operating System

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
None of the iMacs came with a 6x DVD-ROM. The highest that the iMac came with was a 4x which is what i believe you have. Your model was from the Summer of 2000

OP
Z

ZooyorQ

Holding down C isn't doing anything, I also tried Open Apple C. It spits the cd out after a minute or so. Both CD's and DVD's, spits em out after a minute. Think the CD/DVD Rom is broken?

OP
Z

ZooyorQ

Screw it, I'm just going to go buy a iMac Mini at Microcenter. Be right back, this is to difficult to trouble shoot. A flashing ? means jack to me and i have no clue if the keyboards broken, the cdroms broken, is it a a cdrom? or a dvdrom? what a pain. If I have problems with this new iMac i'll let ya know, but I'm fairly certain i wont. Thanks for your responses.. Guess thats what i get for trying to save a few bucks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.