Making a website

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" iMac 2.5GHz Core i5
Hi,
I'm really interested in making a website with iWeb when I get my Mac. Its just a casual website and I really don't want to pay to host it.
What options are there and is it something thats simple to do?
I've thoroughly researched iWeb and I'm more than confident I'm creative enough to make a good looking website with great content, but its the hosting side of things Im not so confident about.
I had looked into a mobile me account, but thats £60 a year. And as I said before, I really don't want to pay to host a website.
What free options do I have?

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Oops! Double Post!

Reaction score
Hostable.com is offering a 3-year hosting plan for $1.
Yes, $1 total -- for three years.
It's not the same as free, but it's pretty darned close.
In three years, either renew for the going rate or find another host, assuming the site still exists.

C

chas_m

MobileMe offers other things besides hosting, so in my view the hosting IS free, since what I am really paying for (in my use, YMMV) is the syncing, the photo galleries, the ad-free/snoop-free email, the IMAP service, Find my iDevice and okay, yes the hosting (multiple sites).

From my perspective, it's cheap for what you get (particularly if you buy it from Amazon rather than Apple directly) and I hear they will be revamping it soon, perhaps with a lower pricetag.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.