• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone get in on the Mac Mini test drive?

Reaction score
From BYODKM.NET
Until October 31, 2005, Apple is offering a Mac mini test drive. "We’re so confident you’ll love your new Mac mini, we’ll let you test drive it for 30 days with no risk. If you decide you don’t want it, we’ll take it back."

It was originally going to run till the 31st but they ended it today for some reason. The apple site explaining it was taken down. I was actually going to do it, but I was too late.

B

badmojo

They must of had a slew of takers, either that, or someone at Apple didn't like the idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Here's a blurb about it on Ars Technica.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
badmojo said:
They must of had a slew of takers, either that, or someone at Apple didn't like the idea.

It really wasn't a good idea... if a bunch of people didn't like them then all they have is a ton of used apple mini's on their hands...

OP
M
Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
if a bunch of people didn't like them then all they have is a ton of used apple mini's on their hands...

They would just sell them as Apple Refurbs and knock a couple bucks off. Most of the in home trial promotions plan on people either liking the product or just being too lazy to return it, I doubt that many would have come back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Quote:
From BYODKM.NET
Until October 31, 2005, Apple is offering a Mac mini test drive. "We’re so confident you’ll love your new Mac mini, we’ll let you test drive it for 30 days with no risk. If you decide you don’t want it, we’ll take it back."
mynameis said:
It was originally going to run till the 31st but they ended it today for some reason. The apple site explaining it was taken down. I was actually going to do it, but I was too late.

That is pretty much the Buyer's Remorse thing that soooo many companies have already. Most companies have a 30 day return/refund policy in effect at all times. Some states require companies by law to have this.
Currently, Apple has a 14 day Return/Refund period as standard, however a state law would supercede that. Certain credit card companies have similar policies which would also override Apple's current system.
Now I am not in any way advocating that someone should buy a Mac with the sole intent of returning it in 30 days for a refund, but that scenario is possible pretty much any time of the year for most people anyway.

:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.