Best Macbook under about $500?

Reaction score
Hello. I am interested in purchasing my first Macbook. I would like to post a WTB listing (either a MB, MBA, or MBP) but I don't know exactly what to ask.
I am hoping to use it for a couple months or a year, until I decide to buy a new one from Apple.

I don't have many requirements other than under about ~$500 give or take a little. Although, compatibility with Lion and possibly a glass-trackpad would be amazing.

At least 2GB RAM and 160GB HD or more would be great!

-----------
What do you guys suggest for a moderately cheap Macbook? Should I look on eBay, or post a WTB on the forum?

Thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I purchased a 2.4ghz 13" MacBook about 6 months ago. 2 gig of ram, 160gig HD...paid $400.

Since you are a new Mac-Forums member...you will not be able to post in the Mac-Forums Buy/Sell/Trade forum until you become a more established member.

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
How do you suggest becoming that? Posting more help? Or just posting more?

Also, do you think I would be able to get a decent deal on eBay, or would you suggest becoming more established here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.