Another Noob!

Reaction score
Hey folks, yup, another noob looking for advice ;D.

I just recently purchased a MBP 15" refurb as my first foray into the Mac computer world. Haven't had a ton of time to really get into it (work, gym, other crap) and haven't even transferred my music collection over. As a Windows user, i'm making the move slowly away from my desktop so as not to screw myself up. Anyway, I'm sure you've heard all these before so onto the questions.

Shortcuts: I did find a post yesterday that had some handy keyboard short cuts but I didn't see the particular ones I was searching for, any help on these would be appreciated:
On a windows machine, using firefox, there are shortcut keys to input different web address types, such as ctrl+shift+enter ends up putting .org at the end. So i can type wikipedia ctrl+shift+enter and the web address will be there. There are similar combinations for .net. What are these for Mac?

Spacebar: When i log onto a forum, such as Mac-forum, i enter my user name, hit tab, enter my password, and, on a windows machine, hit tab again that usually goes to the remember me little checkbox, i would hit space for it to check the box. When i try this on the Mac, it jumps to the bottom of the page. Any option to help this situation?

Thanks all, i'm sure i'll have more questions as time goes by.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Spacebar: When i log onto a forum, such as Mac-forum, i enter my user name, hit tab, enter my password, and, on a windows machine, hit tab again that usually goes to the remember me little checkbox, i would hit space for it to check the box. When i try this on the Mac, it jumps to the bottom of the page. Any option to help this situation?

Spacebar works the same way on a Mac. Maybe you're not tabbing enough times to get to the checkbox? If the box is outlined, pressing spacebar will check it.

Spacebar works as a page down function if no input fields are highlighted or selected. Spacebar+Shift is page up, fyi. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2 GHz i7, 4 GB RAM
Thanks for those keyboard shortcuts, @oldscribe. Got my first Mac (MBP 15") about 2 weeks ago, and the transition has been pretty easy, but figuring out all of those keyboard shortcuts has been a challenge! Some are similar to a Windows system, but there are some differences. I hadn't found this page on the Apple site, but now it's added to my bookmarks for an easy reference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.