'Cannot create network settings' using Mobile Broadband dongle

Reaction score
Hi,

My Macbook Pro is having trouble connecting to the internet using a Vodafone Mobile Broadband dongle.
I was using pre-paid before and it worked fine but have since switched to contract and the message 'Cannot create network settings' keeps coming up when I try to connect.
I have rung up Vodafone technical support and they have sent me the brand new software & I've uninstalled, installed, rebooted, selected all the right options on the Vodafone software and still the same problem. The tech support guy said if the new software didn't work then it was something in my mac Network settings, which I believe because I had the same problem connecting to WiFi. My dad had to mess around with the settings to make it connect.

I should mention that it did work sometimes and then it would cut out with the error and now the error pops up all the time.
Something to do with my macbook generating its own IP address??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Natalia

Reaction score
Mr De Menezes

Hi,

My Macbook Pro is having trouble connecting to the internet using a Vodafone Mobile Broadband dongle.
I was using pre-paid before and it worked fine but have since switched to contract and the message 'Cannot create network settings' keeps coming up when I try to connect.
I have rung up Vodafone technical support and they have sent me the brand new software & I've uninstalled, installed, rebooted, selected all the right options on the Vodafone software and still the same problem. The tech support guy said if the new software didn't work then it was something in my mac Network settings, which I believe because I had the same problem connecting to WiFi. My dad had to mess around with the settings to make it connect.

I should mention that it did work sometimes and then it would cut out with the error and now the error pops up all the time.
Something to do with my macbook generating its own IP address??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Natalia

Did you manage to get this issues resolve ? if so please share with me as I have the same issue at the moment . thank you

OP
N
Reaction score
I am not very good with technicalities..but in Network Prefereces, it has to be set to 'Mobile' NOT 'modem'.
Mine still does it every now and then, I have to unplug it and plug it back in, or plug it into a different usb socket to make it work again. Frustrating...can't wait til my wifi is back!
Hope that helps
Natalia

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.