Cure for intermittent internet connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Lately my 2 month old iMac (cable modem to internet) doesn't connect to the internet (both Safari and Mail) when I boot it. It's a crap shoot. I run the diagnostics but it says it can't fix the issue. I have a new Cisco modem and all the indicator lights tell me all is well.

Even unplugging and resetting the modem doesn't solve the issue, or at least not that I can attribute that too. I still need to go through the open/close routine several times with Safari/Mail before I get an internet connection. This started after I down loaded the latest MAC update two weeks ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
I've had a similar problem, pretty much since the same update also. For me, a simple reboot turns the trick. Inconvenient, but apparently necessary for the time being. I'm hoping Apple sorts the issue with an upcoming OS update.

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I've had a similar problem, pretty much since the same update also. For me, a simple reboot turns the trick. Inconvenient, but apparently necessary for the time being. I'm hoping Apple sorts the issue with an upcoming OS update.

It's wierd, I'm over on the Win7 side of my iMac which confirms my cable modem is working so it's a MAC thing. Maybe MS is doing work for Apple :) these days.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.