Need to sync with Iphone using a crossover software

Reaction score
I've had my macbook pro since oct 2010 I've been running parallel 6 just to run outlook and itunes so I can sync my contacts and calendar.

Since getting a new macbook pro for school which has software such as final cut, adobe master suite, iworks, ms office I know I wont be able to run parallel as well for it DOES slow down the machine.

So I came across a software called crossover which worked like an mac app but doesn't taking up the ram space as parallel does. but again no way to sync my iphone for my contacts & calendar.

I don't use web based calendar or contacts such as google because of lack of security and well we all know that outlook for mac doesn't sync PERIOD thank you folks at MS for that. because of the nature of both work and school I can't run a software that I will have to shut down the mac side to get to my windows side just for emails contacts and calendars.

So anyone know a program that runs like crossover but will allow me to load itunes for windows so I can finally sync my contacts & calendar? You would think this is an easy task but I'm coming to find out that I'm hating MAC for this single reason.

Reaction score
I share your pain regarding Outlook 2011 and syncing. Microsoft really screwed the pooch on that one.

Crossover is a WINE (Wine Is Not an Emulator) program, and there are widely known problems with getting iTunes 9 and 10 to work with it. There are some people that are working to get it working, and if you search for the topic on Google, you might be able to follow any progress or improvements on the topic which can be adapted to Macs.

wine itunes 10 - Google Search

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks

I'm really not feeling Mac for this reason I've spent the better part of the day manually entering contacts & calendar into these stupid programs I can't believe Mac or MS making us use 3 different programs just to do one thing like outlook does on Windows I don't understand why that is so hard....

Reaction score
I really think you would make your life easier if you gave up trying to finagle strange configurations and tried something standard. There are services called Exchange hosts which will handle all synchronization between Outloook and your iPhone via the Internet. They are very secure and quite affordable. Moreover, both the iPhone and Outlook are designed to work with Exchange (which is a tried-and-true business standard).

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.