files disappear on network

Reaction score
I have a mac mini running 10.6.7. I network with my business partner/boyfriend who is on a pc. we share customer files on a network (on the pc side). we have been running successfully for over 2 years. starting yesterday afternoon, when i went to the customer file approximately 30 of 158 folders had disappeared to me (still show to him). A few times, right before my eyes they showed up for a second and disappeared again. I have aliases to some of the folders on my desktop. when i click on the alias the folder opens up with no problem. i go back to where the original folder is on the network and it is not there. the only thing i have done before this happened is install a font. i have since uninstalled that font, ran disk utility (all is ok there) and restarted. network files are still invisible. i really don't think the font was the issue. maybe a network problem?? we have 3 other computers in the house (all pc's) and all the disappearing files show up on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
N
Reaction score
invisible folders

all of a sudden, after over 2 years, some, only some, files on our network (pc) are invisible to my mac. they have even reappeared and then disappeared again right before my eyes! not sure if this is hardware or software related. We have a small business so this is a real dilema. please help!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.