Netgear DGN2000

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to these forums, and equally new to Mac's, so I hope you'll forgive me if I don't include salient information, or miss the obvious. I have a problem with an imac 20" connecting to the internet and / or a networked printer via a Netgear DGN2000. The printer is attached to the router vie the ethernet hub, thw imac is attached both via ethernet and airport. The problem is this, with the ethernet cable plugged in, I can print, but I can't get web pages up (they appear to start to load but then stop before anything has actually appeared), with the ethernet cable unplugged, and using only the airport, I can access the internet, but I can't print. I have no idea what is going on, since my macbook is working fine, it is connected wirelessly and can print and access the internet, and all the windows laptops in the house are working fine (but I do know how to trouble shoot them a lot better than I do the Mac). I hope somebody out there knows something simple that I have overlooked. Thanks for looking.

Reaction score
I'm a fairly new Mac user and have had a few similar issues. I upgrade our home wireless from a modem and router to a gateway n device. When I went to Best Buy to purchase a gateway they didn't recommend any of the Netgear products for use with Mac. I Googled Netgear DGN2000 and found a lot of problems with mac, I also found several threads where Mac's worked with Netgear. I decided to go with Actiontec's new gateway n which has worked great from the start. I have it in a wireless network with my Mac and several pc's, an HP printer and a Dymo label writer. Keep trying you'll finally get it, have you tried customer support for either Apple or Netgear?
Good Luck.
Bill

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Bill. I am going to try another router to see if that solves my problem, I have a Belkin N1 knocking around somewhere which I'll give a go. I'll let you know.
Thanks again

Jon

Reaction score
Jon, I had a one o'clock appointment at the Apple Store today for a 1 to 1. I ask one of the tech whiz's and he said they have had problem with Netgear, however they will work you just have to get all the glitches figured out. He said about the same thing for my Actiontec. Much to my surprise he said the same thing about the Apple gateway. Not much help, but interesting findings. Bottom line you might have to tinker with any brand to get everything to work.
Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Having used a Netgear DGN2000 have one piece of advise ~ get rid of it!

Changed to a Linskys and problems connecting banished!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.