any tips for great quality printing using CANON PIXMA

Reaction score
I recently bought a Canon Pixma MP497 for photo printing.I already tried aligning and cleaning but when I print a photo using the "canon easy photoprint software" it doesn't look good.

I am using
CANON PIXMA MP497
Glossy Photo Paper
IMAC

any tips would be good.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
The only way I can get decent photo's from my Pixma is to print them from preview, as it offers all the quality options that I can't see in Canon's software.
It's a real pain to be honest, but works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
The only way I can get decent photo's from my Pixma is to print them from preview, as it offers all the quality options that I can't see in Canon's software.
It's a real pain to be honest, but works.

I do the same thing with my Pixma printer. iPhoto is too limited in it's printing preferences. Just go through all the settings and adjust them to how you prefer. Maybe keep a note of how you set everything once you get it how you like it or save it as a "Preset" so you can just select that when you print photos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I do the same thing with my Pixma printer. iPhoto is too limited in it's printing preferences. Just go through all the settings and adjust them to how you prefer. Maybe keep a note of how you set everything once you get it how you like it or save it as a "Preset" so you can just select that when you print photos.

Cool. Glad it's not just me then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Well A4 may be a little big for a 4MP picture. The chart is saying ~8x5 is the max you want to go for that size.

I have Photoshop/Adobe CS5 and I tend to print out of that, or preview as suggested before. I don't really use the Canon software for printing.

OP
J
Reaction score
thank you for replying on my post.I will try to print using preview

What color matching do you use? Color Sync or Canon Color Matching?
Under color options what do you guys use? standard or vivid color?

Is there any other settings i need to be aware?

thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Personally I use Canon Color Matching, and Standard.
I don't thinj there's anything to be wary of. Experimentation is the key I guess, as everyone has different tastes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.