• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nintendo 3DS!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
The Nintendo 3DS U.S. launch is arriving on March 27th. Is anyone getting a Nintendo 3DS? What games are you excited to have or wish would be added to the Nintendo 3DS game line-up? Any features you are looking forward to?

Nintendo 3DS - Official Website at Nintendo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
its FAKE its not 3d it just has a bit of depth to it

Reaction score
I'll be buying one. I will be buying Zelda 64, Mario Kart, Metal Gear and Street Fighter IV. :D

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I want to see how it works before I dive in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'll be buying one. I will be buying Zelda 64

I own Zelda 64 (called Zelda Ocarina of Time actually) on N64 gold first edition cart, and was given it again as a later release grey cart and I also bought the Zelda collectors Edition disc for gamecube (also plays on the Wii) and that has ZOOT on it ANd I also have it from the Wiiware store as a download. So do I need ZOOT a 5th time? Probably not.

I might get a N3DS. But only after I get a new chair and a new TB imac. They are most important. And with my limited funds they are the priorities.

Reaction score
I own Zelda 64 (called Zelda Ocarina of Time actually) on N64 gold first edition cart, and was given it again as a later release grey cart and I also bought the Zelda collectors Edition disc for gamecube (also plays on the Wii) and that has ZOOT on it ANd I also have it from the Wiiware store as a download. So do I need ZOOT a 5th time? Probably not.

I might get a N3DS. But only after I get a new chair and a new TB imac. They are most important. And with my limited funds they are the priorities.

I only have ZOoT for the N64. I didn't get a Gamecube, because PS2 was the better option back in 2001, so no ZOoT there. I didn't get a Wii because of it's limitations, i have a mini gym (treadmil, elliptical, various ab benches and weights), so i choose to go with a PS3. The last time i played ZOoT was sometime in the late 90's early 00's (10 years give or take), i like the idea of having a portable version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I have had a demo in the local game shop. It's clever for sure, but not worth changing my DS for, nor the iPod Touch for that matter. I spend more time gaming on that than anywhere else to be honest (blast you Angry Birds!)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have had a demo in the local game shop. It's clever for sure, but not worth changing my DS for, nor the iPod Touch for that matter. I spend more time gaming on that than anywhere else to be honest (blast you Angry Birds!)

What is it like? is it the same as when you look at a 3D TV with glasses on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What is it like? is it the same as when you look at a 3D TV with glasses on?

Not really, no. Hard to explain really, but, as someone suggested, it's like a normal game with depth to it, and clever, because looking at a 3D Tv with the glasses the image really jumps out of you. This doesn't look like that, kind of the reverse, the 3D is in the screen. Hope that makes some sense.
If there's a Gamestation near you they should have one.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah, i might go into it tomorrow on the way home. i understand what you mean, kind of like the screen itself is box, that sort of depth?

it would be a bit of a novelty for a while, but then soon enough i will get bored of the DS, as everyone does. i might buy the new PSP when that comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Sounds like it's going to be what the Virtual Boy was trying to pull off, except in color.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like it's going to be what the Virtual Boy was like, except in color.

And with way more resolution, but yeah! God, that thing was horrendous, gave you a migraine after 5 minutes.

@Rob, Yep, that kind of thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
N64 is/was my favorite console system..thus the pic as my avitar lol

with that said i voted for No..i won't be getting one

i don't play much games anymore and the ones i download from the appstore are enough to fill the crave when i need to play something

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Nintendo Talks Future 3DS Upgrade Possibilities | Wired GameLife

“We want to get software out to as many people as possible, and there are some people who just can’t see 3-D,” said Konno when asked about this demo. “We’re moving away from any stance that says if you don’t use the 3-D functionality you can’t play this game.”

also

Nintendo backs away from 3DS games that require 3D, others may follow | ArsTechnica

I think this 3D business is sort of getting out of hand. I played with a demo unit for a half hour or so, and I'm really not a fan. It doesn't hurt my eyes or anything, but it just seems like a novelty more than anything. The Wii felt that way for me too. I actually got the Wii on the first day it launched, and the "fun-ness" of motion controlled gaming wore off quickly.

I doubt I'll be buying. I'm more interested in the NGP from Sony.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had the game gold cartridge of Ocarina of Time, too. Just an awesome game all around. I still have it, but I'm reminded of awful situation every time I see it. I lent it to a person in high school, and they ruined the label on the game as if they were playing hockey with it...

Funny thing is, I found this cool cheat, where you could replace items in your inventory with jars. So I'd replace the majority of my useless items with jars and catch fairies with them. But when I got to the last boss in the game, I actually didn't have the item I needed to beat the guy being that I replaced the item with A JAR! So I never bothered to redo the game.

I do have the Gamecube version, but I wanted to play it on the Wii console. But I can't save games to my old Gamecube memory card with it, or something to that effect.

So I'm actually looking forward to owning the game a third time with the 3DS! :p

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like it's going to be what the Virtual Boy was trying to pull off, except in color.

That was the only Nintendo console I never got as a spoiled child, at the time. I remember playing it at Toy r Us, and not being able to play it for long, cause others wanted a turn. :/ I remember Wario being popular on the Virtual Boy.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
N64 is/was my favorite console system..thus the pic as my avitar lol

with that said i voted for No..i won't be getting one

i don't play much games anymore and the ones i download from the appstore are enough to fill the crave when i need to play something

They are porting quite a few games from the N64. I think that's the majority of the reason why I'm a bit more excited for this release more than past ones.

I was really excited to know that Pilotwings was going to the line-up. I played that game religiously, until my eyes were red.

I'm really hoping for a Banjo-Kazooie game. That would totally make my day.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lylat Wars, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye! come on Nintendo, if you port the original 007 i might just buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Lylat Wars, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye! come on Nintendo, if you port the original 007 i might just buy it.
Yes yes and yes. Those were 3 awesome N64 games. Add in Jet Force Gemini which was also awesome and you have a sale from me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pilotwings might sway me! Didn't know that was coming, but they really should make a Wii version to be fair.
I also played it to death.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.