Help with Mac and Logic

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and may have this question in the wrong section, if so i apologise and could someone point me in the right direction. Here goes;

I currently have a mac mini with Logic Studio on but i want to start using a laptop instead of a destop so here ar my questions;

1) is there a particular model (macbook/ pro/ air) which is best for using Logic Studio?

2) I have Logic Studio on my mac mini already loaded and was wondering if it is possible to transfer the hardrive of the mac mini to (for example) a macbook therefore having Logic Studio working on the new device, you do get to upload Logic to 2 computers with your purchase but this has already been done, so just want to see if it is at all possible to transfer Logic from one to another before i go out and buy.

Thanks,

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
They are all good. they will all perform well. higher end models will perform better. even the macbook airs are now up to standard for audio, but you wont be able to run as much DSP as with a macbook pro due to the processors being slightly under par with the big brothers.

the bottom i5 13" macbook pro will perform great, anything above is just an added bonus.

you can migrate your apps over using migration assistant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.