Need to install W7 on Mac

Reaction score
Hi, i need to install w7 on a MBP 2.4ghz 4gb DDR3, how i can do it ?
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I just did this on my iMac two weeks ago. After having to fix some errors on the HD because Bootcamp wouldn't complete the partitioning (had to call AppleCare to resolve) I was able to complete the partition and install a brand new copy of Win7.

Remember until you load the MAC OS X drivers in Windows the wireless MAC keyboard/mouse/trackpad won't work. So you'll need a USB keyboard/mouse to complete the Win7 install. Then you install the MAC OS X system disc, that will load up all the drivers and the Windows Bootcamp app which allows you to switch back to OS X.

I also found a neat (free) app for the MAC OS called Bootchamp which installs a little Bootcamp icon on the tool bar that allows you to start Win7 with a single mouse click.

It took me about an hour to complete the install. Oh and don't forget to down load MS's free antivirus softeware called Essentials.

I now have the best of both OS's on the best looking and running AIO desk top ever made.

Good luck

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I don't know if my recent experience is typical or not, but here it is. I wanted to establish a Boot Camp partition for Windows 7 and some flight sims. The Mac (Utilities/boot camp assistant) set up the partition in about 3 minutes. No problem at all. It then took me 10 1/2 hours to install Windows 7 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X. There were 76 updates required for a brand new copy of Windows 7. The "automatic" update process failed 5 times and had to be restarted. FSX failed to install the first time and had to be redone. And then, just add insult to injury, when I was finished installing, I couldn't find a launch icon for FSX anywhere. I had to Google search it to find out that it was buried in a subdirectory of Programs 86, whatever that is. All in all it was a lousy experience. I wouldn't do it again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Most of those 76 updates are now included in Windows 7 SP 1. However, I agree about the installation of programs. Unless you interfere with where the installer wants to put a program, you may be searching for it for awhile. Always choose a modified or advanced install, never a basic or standard install for Windows programs. That way you choose where you want it to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.