Photo of the Month: August 2005

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Each month we'll have a thread where you can post your best digital photograph that you've taken that month. Show off your skills to fellow forum users. Each member is limited to one entry per monthly thread and the photo should have been taken during the month of the thread, in this case August. Also try to keep the image to around 800 X 600 for space and bandwidth consideration.

Of course this is all on the honor system ;).

To get started, just attach the picture to your post like this:

IMG_1587.jpg

B

badmojo

I took this picture at the Washington Memorial, Spring 2004.
Camera: 5 MP Nikon 5700

edit: Great idea, Schweb.

Pledge_1.jpg

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like the idea of posting the camera used along with the pic, great idea. That way people can see what different cameras are capable of. Almost a real life version of a buyers guide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
here's my picture, the original is in the middle

(idk if photoshopped pictures count, lmk)

Canon G2 4 MP

Contact Sheet.jpg

T

Tel

I'm happy with how this turned out, reminds me a bit of GTA though.

Canon EOS 300D 6.3MP
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Kit Lens

sunset.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
With my Minolta Dimage Z1, and a bit of control for not to kill the [insert curse in foreign language here] insect...

080805.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Canon Digital Rebel XT
18-55mm

IMG_1268.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
wow mraya thats an amazing picture!

T

Tel

sarahsboy18, are you shooting RAW? The flowers in the background of your image make it seem as if you're heavily post-processing your images, if you're not shooting RAW then I recommend trying, and if you are then I think you may be over saturating and sharpening maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tel said:
sarahsboy18, are you shooting RAW? The flowers in the background of your image make it seem as if you're heavily post-processing your images, if you're not shooting RAW then I recommend trying, and if you are then I think you may be over saturating and sharpening maybe.

Just some saturation boosting in iPhoto cause it really brings it to life on my PB screen... and no I'm not shooting RAW. I'm just shooting stuff for fun right now and don't feel like using the Canon software to get the images off. I'll probably switch to RAW once I get comfortable with my camera.

T

Tel

sarahsboy18 said:
Just some saturation boosting in iPhoto cause it really brings it to life on my PB screen... and no I'm not shooting RAW. I'm just shooting stuff for fun right now and don't feel like using the Canon software to get the images off.

I'd steer clear of the Canon software if you can anyway, its not that great. If you're just using iPhoto to edit, then I wouldn't shoot in RAW, but if you plan to use another app to edit photos (such as photoshop) defiantly experiment with it, its well worth a tinkering and you'll love the results guaranteed.

I have heard of a few free RAW converters that are apparently very, very good but I'm unsure about availability for Mac. Its worth looking into if you get some time though.

How are you finding the XT? I tried one out in the Apple store, while I thought it was a little small in my hands, I was a bit jealous by its start up time compared to my 300D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tel said:
How are you finding the XT? I tried one out in the Apple store, while I thought it was a little small in my hands, I was a bit jealous by its start up time compared to my 300D.

I'll have to check that out... I tried copying the RAW files straight off of the chip and opening them and PS and it wouldn't work. Thanks for the heads up about the Canon software.

So far this little guy has been awesome. My wife has a Rebel 2000 film camera and I can't tell a difference in speed or sensitivity. Plus the 8MP is great... It is a bit small... But since it is my first camera it hasn't taken much adjusting for me.

Anyhow... back on topic ;) ... That is a gorgeous sunset Tel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Alrighty here mine for the month..

i was driving to my g/f's on the interstate, it is the best i could do whilst trying not to wreck hahaha... no photoshopping done.
enjoy.

camera used : Nikon 5400

DSCN0103 copy1.JPG

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a very cool picture Ghost....

W

will_power

Here's mine: taken at the top of paintbrush canyon in the grand tetons, wyoming. I just got back from a month of trail work there with the student conservation association.
camera: nikon coolpix 2000

DSCN0004_1.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
this wasnt taken by me. it was taken by a friend when we were in San Juan, Puerto Rico. This is the Castle San Cristobal in old San Juan. He was using A Sony Cyber Shot.

IMG_0199.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Thank you, i like yours as well, i like everyone elses , good job guys ! .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
these are some i took this mornign as the sun was rising.

The first on is the side of teh ship as the sun was reflecting off of it.
the second one is a view from the maindeck up to the main mast. I also got our DESRON logo in it.

IM001651.jpg

IM001650.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lol which one is your picture of the month?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.