• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

And The Search Begins!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
I'm extremely excited about the next chapter in my life that's about to unfold. I've started searching for my first college roommate using my school's roommate matching service. It's so unbelievable how the first 18 years of my life seemed to fly by, and these past 4 (high school) have seemed to disappear faster than any before them! Time will only start moving faster, it seems.

Anywho, I just wanted to share my excitement and ask if any of you have advice for me this next year? It can be about anything, really. Social, academic, having to do with my mac, whatever! Thanks, guys

-Moss :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're anything like me, the four years in undergrad will not only fly by but will be incredibly enjoyable (both from a social and academic perspective). Expect to learn a lot, feel overwhelmed and make some great new friends. I don't have any specific advice other than to enjoy it. You will never get the kind of freedom you get in undergrad any other time in life. This goes for both your social life and your academic life.

Is it obvious that I'd do it all over again if I could? ;)

OP
Moss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it obvious that I'd do it all over again if I could? ;)
Yeah, it sounds like it! ;) Man, I'm just bubbling with excitement... I think that this last year in high school has sort of just dragged on a bit, if you know what I mean. There doesn't seem to be much left to do or really learn with the courses offered here. Maybe it's just a case of "senioritis" but I'm ready to leave and get going at university! :D

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Time will only start moving faster, it seems.
So very, very true.

Congrats! Where will you be? What are you planning to study?

My only advice - enjoy the time while you're there - it will be over before you know it. I'm with vansmith - if I didn't have bills to pay and a family to support - I'd go back in a heartbeat.

OP
Moss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm going to Oregon State University. Pretty good school in regards to research and engineering actually. Which is good, I'm planning on a bioengineering major. Ultimately though, I dream of becoming a radiologist. I love the combination of imaging, technology, and medicine! :) I'll have to keep up with my studies to get into med school, but even if I don't, it's a field I believe I'll love regardless.

And from a mathematical standpoint, it makes sense that time should fly!

When you're 5, a year is 1/5th your life. A pretty big chunk! By the time your 50, only 1/50th your life. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro [2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD]
Sounds interesting, good luck man! I'm starting my first year in undergrad this upcoming Fall semester as well. -_- I'll be up at the University of Albany, majoring in Bio. A lot to think about. I'll have one of my friends coming up with me most likely, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I personally will be looking forward to learning a lot more than anything. Becoming independent is a big part of this transition (minus the finances -_-). Then comes the partying, meeting new people, girls...

Should be great. Good luck again! :)

OP
Moss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I'm hoping that it really is all it's cracked up to be! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.