Recent 2010 Macbook 15" i7 Craigslist Purchase

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum since I just bought my very first macbook pro (used) on Craigslist. I purchased a 2010 15" Macbook pro 2.66GHz i7 from someone for $1300 cash, which included everything (box, install CDs, and cords). Would you guys consider this a great deal? I saw refurbs go for $1600, but this macbook although in excellent condition, has only 2.5 months of warranty left, which might depreciate the price. let me know ur thoughts. thanks

Here are the specs:
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That's a very good price..almost a steal..

The warranty is for one year with the purchase of the MBP, but you can purchase AppleCare and extend that to 3 years from the date of purchase so no worries there..

Welcome to Mac Forums and enjoy you new Mac..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
That is a killer deal! He may as well have given you the computer free. :p Welcome to M-F!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro [2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD]
What a deal. He must have needed the money ASAP.

Enjoy your new MacBook!

Reaction score
Wow, that is an incredible deal. You can still get extended applecare if you like for an additional 3 years! (if you are worried about the warranty)

OP
R
Reaction score
What a deal. He must have needed the money ASAP.

Enjoy your new MacBook!

Thanks for the input everyone. The buyer actually sold it cause he had too many computers. This was a replacement from applecare that he received last summer after his wife's old macbook pro kept breaking. Good news is that i found out apple doesn't know this was a replacement laptop, so they are treating this as new.

I heard the cheapest place to buy applecare was on ebay, assuming they are legit(from their feedback)...anyone have experience with this? Second question, would there be a huge performance diff btw the new i7 to the 2010 i7 i have now for ableton program (music/producing program)

C

chas_m

I would recommend not taking a chance with Fleabay unless there is a dealer there you are comfortable with. Check Amazon for a discounted price or look at it this way ... you got a great deal on the MBP and Apple says its new -- pay them for AppleCare and be happy you still came out way ahead!

To answer your second question: no, not till Ableton puts out another major update (not for a while I would guess).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should definitely try not to take the cheap route for the AppleCare unless you're buying it from a discounted price through a trusted online retailer or something.

OP
R
Reaction score
You should definitely try not to take the cheap route for the AppleCare unless you're buying it from a discounted price through a trusted online retailer or something.

OK thanks everyone....im going to purchase applecare through a certified online site. I actually found a place that has it for a pretty good price and is a legit apple dealer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK thanks everyone....im going to purchase applecare through a certified online site. I actually found a place that has it for a pretty good price and is a legit apple dealer.

If price wasn't an issue, then I'd have to say there isn't anything more comforting than purchasing through Apple's website. ;P Enjoy your MacBook!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.