i have a monitor with 2 inputs....help me figure this one out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
ok guys check this, i garbage picked a 20" sony trinitron, HD ready VGA monitor.

Theres inputs for VGA and RGBHDVD. So, i plugged my mac into RGB (since i garbage picked a monitor with the VGA to RGB cable)

then i grabed my old VGA to VGA. I ran it to my friends crappy celeron to fix it up. Its so awesome, push of a button im back in windows...well i dont wanna use windows, but the point is i can use 2 computers on 1 monitor, kind of a built in KVM switch, minus the keyboard and mouse.

So iim sure youve guessed, yup, i want to know, if i can use my mac mouse and keyboard, on the windows machine when i switch over to it.

my mouse is a 5 button belkin, and the standard mac keybaord.

The computers i plan on using all support USB mouse/keyboard, so im guessing that maybe i could do a Y splitter? corse then again whatever i type in one would type in the other and that could suck..hmm..

Id rather it be whenever i switch over, the others kick in.

thanks in advance.

Reaction score
the keyboard would work on a PC just fine. I am sure you can find a cheap USB switch to easily switch which computer it is plugged into.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
you can buy a USB switch that lets you use a printer with two computers, I don't knw if that would work with your keyboard, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Belkin makes one with manual switching.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.