Link Back from other websites

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desktop big screen
I am trying to find out how I connect a "link back" from another website.
I have registered my website on a2plusDirectory.com and they gave me a code to put into my website for the link.
I do not wish this code to be seen on any of my pages, therefore I do not wish to place it in my site with the HTML widget.
From what I can understand about linking back to sites, the code is written into the site code somehow.
I just don't understand how and where.
Can anyone give me absolute detailed step by step instructions on how links are formed between websites?
Here's hoping that you can
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
Ok you're going to need to add a little more info here.

When you say linkback, I take it you mean you place a link to your website on another website, when someone clicks to take them to your website, you get told where they came from?

Is that right?

And when you say 'code,' do you mean HTML code or some sort of other code like a passkey?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desktop big screen
Hi,
From what I understand, if I join for eg, a Vogue forum and write on the forum how does Google know that I linked to that forum because when I did a search on my website, I found that I had links to the Vogue forum for example. How did I get that link back to my site?

I asked around and from what I can see is that somehow a link is created back to my website from their website, but I do not know how this works.

I was on a directory to place my website there and they said I had to paste their link (html code) on my website, but where do I put this link? I don't want everyone to see who I have linked with but I have been told that I need links to get my website known.

I work in iweb and know how to put html links onto my actual website page but I want to know how to put a link on my website but where it is not actually seen so that I can get known by google etc.

Am I being stupid?
Regards Sixth Scent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
I work in iweb and know how to put html links onto my actual website page but I want to know how to put a link on my website but where it is not actually seen

From what I understand with iWeb you can't see ANY of the html SCRIPT. Not the page layout, but the actual html CODE is hidden. Is that right?

so that I can get known by google etc.

When you say this do you mean so that it comes up in google when people search for words other than you're site directly but that are related to you're site?

So for example, if I type in chocolate to google cadbury.co.uk pops up, even though I didn't actually search for cadbury?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desktop big screen
No I don't think so.
Let me tell you what happened that piqued my curiosity. I was on the web and found a link (haven't been able to find it again) where I could look at my own website. I went on, typed my site name and it came up with lists headed "Backlink page", "anchor url" and "Link Backs" and my website name as well. I was fascinated that a forum I had joined which was Vogue was mentioned on this page as a link back plus some others.

Later I was researching how to get my website known by the search spider and it mentioned that it was important to have "Link backs" on your website.
I immediately understood that the link backs that I had seen for my own site were in fact important to have.
Now I don't know how these "Link backs" actually came to be and would very much like to understand it all and learn how to get more.
I do not have any html physical link on my actual web pages for Vogue for example so somehow the link is imbedded somewhere but I don't know where.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.