What is about your mac . . .

B

BEEEsH

What is it about your mac that you like most?

Its obviously just another computer; however, I think having used pc's since i was 7 (dos to ms-dos-shell to windows 3.0 all the way to xp) i became so used to the windows format, and using OSX is like learning everything all over.

I think the design and ease of use reminds me of how all computers SHOULD be.

It could also be the 8" Marvin Android (HitchHikers Guide the Galaxy) that stands perfectly on my mini.

What about you?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would say OSX overall is the things that really impresses me and that I like the most about the whole Mac experience. There are other little things about Macs I like but that is the standout to me anyway. OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i like my back lit keyboard... final cut pro... osx... simplicity, and the way the computer looks..

I don't like the disrespect I get from some people when they say that macs are not good computers and that windows is better just because it has more marketshare...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
I love the OS most of all. I took my laptop to work today and my boss, who uses PC's, asked my what i had in my hand. I showed it to him and the first thing he said before i turned it on was, "that looks cool" (meaning the iBook). I then turned it on and he messed round with it for close to an hour, and there was not even an internet connection.

So the OS first and then the look and feel of the machines (they are really good looking)

OP
M

Merlinblack

I like that my powerbook can only be described as Sexy! ;)

I also love the feel of the OS love the fact that I can go into terminal and do unix command line stuff while switching effortlessly back and forth with the gui.

And most of all I like the fact that my powerbook is Sexy!... I may have a problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Things I like most: UI consistency & integration, stability, hardware build quality, ability to multitask under load, filesystem (metadata is good!) hardware-software integration, and Spotlight.

Things that frustrate me most: responsiveness, the Finder tool/sidebar, breakable PowerBook latches, emphasis of style & color above functionality (not all the time, but enough to be annoying) and trying to explain Disk Images to people who should never have to deal with such a convoluted setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
Tiger/OSX for sure...!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I think is not just one thing but the ideal combination of all. There are laptops with better screens, speakers, or battery life around, but those fail in little details or are too expensive or sacrifice too much of your batery life. My iBook is just an ideal (almost perfect) combination of features, and OSX is one of the best.

Reaction score
I like the feel of my PB, the pentium m I have has way better battery life, but my PB is faster and I think easier to use and responds faster. I like the fact that they cost money, that keeps all the riff raff from buying one.. But, I can't wait until Intel gets in the picture so my PB can have 6 hours of battery life. I'm not bashing a pc, but what a big difference in laptops..The pc has the cheap feel even though it cost almost as much and is loaded..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
For me, it's the OS' stability and its resistance to viruses and spyware.

I also love the fact that I don't have to rebuild my machine every 3-6 months, the way I did with Windows.

Reaction score
I'm also a longtime computer user from pre-dos (early apple,timex!) to today. Just got my first mac 6 months ago. It just works like you expect. It took a while to get used to the idea that you can just about drag and drop anything. And installation and uninstalling are really easy and actually work. No big surprises, just turn it on and get something done. My wife actually uses the computer, unlike when we had a pc. In fact, I talked my parents into a new iBook to replace their pc. I've seen a few products that were just done right. My iMac, the iPod, the original Palm's and my wife;)

Reaction score
As someone who recently switched to mac (as I type this on my powerbook), the fact that there are virtually not viruses is amazing. Also there are no pop-ups/spyware.

I love how I can have 7 programs running at once, and the mac doesn't blink. It's silent and Super fast in comparison to my PC desktop.

Reaction score
It just works. I use a computer now instead of having to maintaining one. That fact alone has added hours to my life.

oh and Exposé is the most brilliant feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb
Honestly, I feel that my iBook is what a computer should be. This iBook is the first Mac I've ever used. I'm 20 years old, so the first computer I remember using (by myself) was a Compaq Windoze 95 machine. It was slow, unresponsive, and always seemed to have something wrong with it. Ironically, the first PC I ever remember seeing was an OLD Apple all-in-one that my dad used at work back in the 80s/90s. I remember Windows being really "high-tech" at the time 95 came out. Then 98 came out and then ME and finally XP. Around the time ME came out I was old enough to see serious flaw in MS' design and function. When XP came out I was pretty happy for a while, but then came the virus, spy-ware and ad-ware dilemmas--my mind was forever changed. My Windows computers NEVER seemed to work like they should work. I'd try to put the computer to sleep and it would go hay-wire. I'd try to install a program and it would act strangely. I'd try to delete a program and all **** would break loose. In short, Windows was becoming a HUGE pain-in-the-***. My freshman year in university I started seeing these really high-tech machines and I was astounded! Then when I realized they were Apple, I remembered that first machine I saw back in the late 80s and I was hooked. I sat behind one and I have to admit that I felt a bit intimidated, and just a little sleazy using something other than Windows. Once I got the hang of things though, I had to buy one, and when I did, I was hooked. Apple's products just work. It's become a cliche' almost, but it is 100% true--they DO work! It's hard to understand, but I think OS X is what MS wanted Windows to be since 95. I love it how everything is integrated. No drivers to install, nothing to configure, nothing to get in your way. There are actually *useful* tools that come with Mac OS X, I can't say the same for Windows. It is just extremely awesome. I cannot see ANY situation where I would EVER need/want to use a Windoze PC again...

OP
Q

quanz

my gf jsut moved into res at her college.
as we moved her in I saw giant moniter boxes, with someone ele carrying a mouse and keyboard box, and trailing in after that was the tower,

my gf grabbed the handle of her ibook box, with all her stuff in it including a wired mouse, went up the stairs turned it on plugged in her ethernet cord and was set, as easy as that.
people were fumbling with boxes and tryign to find out how to get online with thier pc's reading poorly written instructions on how to connect to the internet, while we were giggling and relaxing.

having a mac gives you more time, you dont have to rebuild it, run daily virus checks, wait for your computer to start up, anti virus to load. and all that junk. the installshield wizard never takes over her computer, and the fact taht she can bring it to my house, and i can connect my ethernet cable to her ibook and send her all the files she needs from my imac also works wonders when she lives in a dorm that doesnt alow p2p programs.

plus the ibook makes her look cute

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
yeah, wireless is convient. (i believe that's what we're discussing). 'tis easy to set up.

Reaction score
for the longest time now i have been dreaming about owning an apple product. seeing that the ibooks have come down in price i took the plunge and bought a 12" ibook last friday. and i am loving it.
which begs the question, why i fell for it in the first place. it just looks very cool with its all white exterior. the lit apple logo on the top is just more eye candy. i am still getting to grips with the os and learning all the key strokes to get things done quickly so i will not comment on the software but i am sure i will learn to love it.
also there is just so much street cred attached to any apple product at least in my opinion. i still remember last friday when i walked out of the store carrying the box with the ibook in it. i just fell like walking on air and this was after a particularly trying week for me at work. it sort of made up for all the crap that i had to wade through during the preceding days.
i have been lusting for an apple laptop for so many years now and i am just enjoying it at the moment; typing has never felt this good! :doctor:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.