Mail Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
I'm trying to set up my Hotmail account in Mail. I've tried using the "pop.hotmail.com" in and out, but it says "can't connect using port 110". What am I doing wrong, or can you even have a free mail account? Thanks.

Reaction score
Last I heard POP access for Hotmail cost extra, if you didn't pay that extra, then you probably don't have that service. I like my Gmail account, it has free pop access, I have a bunch of free invites if you want one.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mynameis said:
Last I heard POP access for Hotmail cost extra, if you didn't pay that extra, then you probably don't have that service. I like my Gmail account, it has free pop access, I have a bunch of free invites if you want one.

That would be awesome, could you PM me? Thanks.

...also, how is Google's mail service as opposed to Hotmail?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Conehead778 said:
That would be awesome, could you PM me? Thanks.

...also, how is Google's mail service as opposed to Hotmail?

Wow, Gmail is awesome (thanks mynameis), but i still can't figure out how to set up the Mail app on my Powerbook. I'm using the incoming server pop.gmail.com and the outgoing: smtp.comcast.net, but it still times out over port 110, any more suggestions??

F

Fallooza

i had the same problem. seems that if it doesnt say "new features " or something like that in the uper right hand side, it wont work yet. Just wait a couple of days and it will show up then follow the directions posted by gtravis7. Atleast thats how i did it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fallooza said:
i had the same problem. seems that if it doesnt say "new features " or something like that in the uper right hand side, it wont work yet. Just wait a couple of days and it will show up then follow the directions posted by gtravis7. Atleast thats how i did it.

Awesome, finally, I have Mail working on my computer, thanks for all the help and the gmail invite, I'm bumping this one last time so everyone can see that this did work.

M

mangoSharingan

To get Hotmail accounts to work with Mail, you need something like 'httpmail_panther_1.43.dmg'. I have all 4 of my Hotmail e-mail accounts working fine with Mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.