Macbook pro can't connect to the internet

Reaction score
My macbook pro was doing fine but yesterday it disconnected to the wireless suddenly. On the airport logo there is a "!". when i press it and select "Alert: No Internet Connection", it brings me to Network Diagnostics. On the left there is "Network Status". the airport, airport settings, network settings and isp are green, but "Internet" and "Server" are red and it says "failed". i tried to run the dianostic and i followed every instruction but nothing happened. I tried to go to network preferences and press "advanced". In TCP/IP i tried "Using DHCP" and "Using DHCP with manual address" and both don't work. some help would be great! thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

You're going to have to provide us with some information about your system before we can give you in depth advice.

Your Mac? (year, model) Which version of OS X are you using? And, are you using a router or modem or router-modem all in one? Which?

If you're using a router, try rebooting it and also reboot your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.