Your opinions of Candybar

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm considering the purchase of CandyBar (icon management app) but it is a rather costly investment for a student like me. Can anyone give me their opinions of it so I can make a decision? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You should try the free download they have on their site, I think you can use it for either a limited time or limited functionality.

Hope this helps

- Simon

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
yeah definitely have a try out with it first to see if it meets your needs.

it is however a great app for changing the icons of "locked" items such as the trash can and generic folder icons.

btw you may want to grab img2icns, this is handy for changing pngs into a format that candy bar prefers, icns.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
CandyBar is a great App but dont go paying for it, just yet. Try before you buy is the best

btw you may want to grab img2icns, this is handy for changing pngs into a format that candy bar prefers, icns.

Thanks for that rob, will have a look to see if is easy to use as have trouble in the past trying to change to .icns format . . . .

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.