• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Chapter images ?

Reaction score
Trying to put together a chapter image track and add to a movie with Subler. I know Subler can create the chapter image track itself, but I'm not so keen to do so. Subler creates the chapter images to run along side the video track, so it does so filling the full length of the movie. I've managed to put together a simple .mov of the images I want to use for the chapters using MPEGStream Clip, but it only spans roughly a min'. I'm curious to know how I can create the .mov to be the full length of the film ?

I've tried using iMovie but not getting along with. MPEGStream Clip seems to be the easiest. I guess it would need to be the length of the movie but only have the images at the point of the chapter markers otherwise it would end up being a large .mov in addition to the movie file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I'm not really sure what your asking. Perhaps Garagebands podcast features can help.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what your asking. Perhaps Garagebands podcast features can help.

All in all I'm trying to copy my DVD's so I can play some on an iPad, the metadata is not a problem and also the artwork, but the chapter images are blank...

So I'm wanting to create a chapter track for images to add with Subler to a movie for the chapter images. Take a look at Subler, it can auto create the chapter track with the chapter images for MP4 and such files. However it creates it for the duration of the movie. I've managed to create a .mov with the chapter images but it only amount to roughly a min long, but having done so though I've thought that if I create a .mov with the chapter images to last the duration of the film it would amount to a large file of the images.

I guess what it does is place an image at the point where the chapter markers are so it won't be such a large file, however trying to do so seems impossible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.