"Download" window disappeared

Reaction score
On my MacBook (OS X) my Download Window has disappeared. When I click Download on an email document or image it always pops up. This has stopped happening all of a sudden. Nothing is downloading to my "Downloads" on the dock either. Any help would be appreciated.

Aloha
Shawn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Go into Go > Home > Downloads and see if they are downloading there. Drag the alias on the Dock to the Trash, and drag a new Downloads icon to the Dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Just a thought open your browser > preferences usually under the General tab, and double check where any downloaded file is being saved to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
For another soulution to your problem and i use this everyday to keep tabs on the dl.

Right click on the MenuBar at the top of Safari window and *customise toolbar*, then in the image given drag the Download Icon to your menubar and when ever you are not sure if its downloading click it and see where your at.

20110301-jmk53rcf89cd4ibmjiu2bjdtsi.jpg

Then once it has finished for a quick switch to it, click the Magnifying Glass next to the file and it will show it in Finder for you . . . .

I love that little icon lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.