Switcher: 1 Week Later

Reaction score
Good Day Folks!

Well, it's been 1 week since I made the switch, and I must say this past week has been fun. I am actually having fun again on a computer, the experience using a Mac has been awesome, and the community has been very helpful.

Steven

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats on the purchase and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Good Day Folks!

Well, it's been 1 week since I made the switch, and I must say this past week has been fun. I am actually having fun again on a computer, the experience using a Mac has been awesome, and the community has been very helpful.

Steven

I had exactly the same experience a month or so ago. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Good Day Folks!

Steven

I had exactly the same experience a month or so ago. :)

Hurray for the both of you! Welcome aboard, and continue having a great time! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Good Day Folks!

Steven

Long may it last. I switched 2½ years ago and I'm still having fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 8gb RAM, 750gb HD
Wednesday will be two weeks for me. I'm having a blast too. Wondering why I waited so long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Congrats on the Mac :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I bought my first mac in December and still loving every minute of it. I want to become the mac guru that i am with PC's(25 year PC tech) The only Feature that I would want on a mac is the ability to change the default system font size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
Last Sat. was my 2 wk. switch and what did I do?
I went back in to the Apple store and "Switched" again!!
This time to a 15" Pro... Because of the new model release,
I was able to grab the 15" model at almost $400 bucks off!
So I swapped my 13" and got all the upgrades I was going
to get on the new 13" model and the larger screen that I wanted
in the first place, but couldn't afford it.
And I'm lovin' this new one!!!!
Russ

Reaction score
I swtiched a year and a half ago when I bought my first Mac - a 13" late 2009 MBP. I was in love right away and my wife loved it too. She loved it so much she hogged it away from me lol.

Last weekend, I walked into the Apple Store looking to buy an iMac and walked out with a new 17" MBP with the 2.3 GHz quad core processor and the antiglare screen aka. my dream machine :)

We love our Macs and am glad we switched too. Best part is, we haven't had to even think about getting Windows on our systems yet. Coming from someone that has grown up with PC's, that's a big shift

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Switched like a week ago? Two now? I don't remember. My MBP and I already feel like old friends. Big tech junkie, grew up a Windows man. OS X is just so easy to figure out. I turned on the machine and for maybe about two minutes I felt like everything was backwards, coming from Windows...but after maybe 10 minutes you realize that everything on a mac just FLOWS. It's so EASY and everything does what it's supposed to do. I did hold on to some PC programs that I am fond of, like my web browser. I'm a big Firefox guy. Safari is neat but I love being able to customize Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Man, it's so great to hear about all of you guys jumping on the Mac train!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Yes and one thing I've definitely noticed is that the mac community is SO much friendlier. There are any number of Windows forums and members always tend to be so snooty when you ask for help with anything, as if everyone should automatically know how to deal with every issue. There's no need for all the hate. Everyone here seems to be so nice! i.e. everyone keeps expressing their excitement over the fact that Apple has a new convert. It's like a cult, only we got cool new computers instead of poison Kool Aid!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think we should all get Shamrock Shakes instead of Kool Aid. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.