• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Xbox Live Players?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Just wondering if anyone plays xbox live...and if so what games?

OP
FishinFool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
iWhat said:
Here are some members who play Xbox Live:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18786

I know Graphite would play you on Halo2. His heart just goes pitter-patter at the mentioning of Xbox Live.

Cool I did not see that thread before....Thanks....I'm thinking we should make like a mac-forums halo 2 clan type thing...My GT is tr00p3rls

I need a new clan so if anyone wants in post your GT ;)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Have you ever gamed online with your PSP?

OP
FishinFool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
iWhat said:
Have you ever gamed online with your PSP?

Yea it works really well...I usually play Twisted Metal

The wireless connection was really easy to set up...it was a shock to me at first...I never thought sony would make it as easy as apple does

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Sweet! I love to play Wipeout Pure online. But I lost the game, I think the boogeyman took it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
GT = TTheInfamous1
Games = Ghost Recon, GR:IT; GR:2; GR 2: SS; Forza; RainBow Six 3; RB Six 3: BA.

Send an invite if you play any of these. I'm not a big Halo 2 player really. I played Halo 2 on-line for a bit, wasnt too big on the run and gun and shoot em up game play that Halo 2 on-line is. If they had On-line Co-Op, Id play it more on live. I like the H1 and H2 campaign better.

I'd play my PSP on-line if I could get it to connect to my router. It sucks! It sees my router at 100% but will never connect to it so I can play on-line.

OP
FishinFool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
TTheInfamous1 said:
GT = TTheInfamous1

I'd play my PSP on-line if I could get it to connect to my router. It sucks! It sees my router at 100% but will never connect to it so I can play on-line.

If its encrypted you need to enter the WEP key....that might be the problem

For online games I don't play much GR (though I do have the 1st one)....I usually play halo 2, top spin, NFL Fever....oh and I'm almost positive that you can play online co-op

S

Santos

TTheInfamous1 said:
What kind of router do you have? If it's not encrypted, you may have to read up on which port might need to be opened for the PSP to access the router. It has happened to many people I know, and it seemed to solve their problem.

Santos :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FishinFool said:
If its encrypted you need to enter the WEP key....that might be the problem

For online games I don't play much GR (though I do have the 1st one)....I usually play halo 2, top spin, NFL Fever....oh and I'm almost positive that you can play online co-op
Nah, not the case. I even set up the WEP encryption on the router and added it to the PSP and all that. Still didnt work. It sees my router, connection, all that at 100%. Just when I test connection, it never connects. It always says after the "test connection" "Connection to Internet = Failed". Can't get any games to go on-line. Well, on-line compatible games anyway.

The router is a Linksys WRT54GX Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX. Picks-up mixed 802.11 g and b signals. I had to use the USB cable to get the update, but it doesnt matter because I cant even use it. Here's a link if you want to check it out. http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...825933&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper

I tried to find out if there where ports I needed to open/forward, but I cant find anything on the net. And the Sony PSP forums aren't that helpful.

Anyway, I'd love to get on-line with the PSP. I want to see what its like with it.

OP
FishinFool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Hmmm I'm not sure

You can always try looking Here if you have not already or you can try contacting them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FishinFool said:
Hmmm I'm not sure

You can always try looking Here if you have not already or you can try contacting them.
Yea, I must have read through that so many times. Did everything I could from that website.... FAQs and the forum help. Still no luck. I may have to give them a call and see if they can help me. I'm very doubtful though. The forum members aren't helpful (well most of them) and rude as **** to people. I've used so many of the suggestions in the threads, probably all of them :radioacti . Ive e-mailed them the 2nd week from launch, several other times and still haven't heard anything back from them. LOL, Ive had this thing since the launch and have and used it once last Thanksgiving at my mom's :(

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions all. I'll give them a call. Maybe it'll work out then.

Quick question.... Do any of you know anyone else that uses the router I use (posted above, Linksys WRT54GX Wireless-G Broadband) along with their PSP? I thought maybe the router wasn't compatible at first, but my Mother has the same one. When I'm at her house I could connect without any problems. Very strange :confused: . So it has to be the configuration I have set up on the PSP or the Router. Just cant figure out what it is. Confusing and frustrating. :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
halo2 sucks, ill cya in the game ;)

irc it.

OP
FishinFool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Alright I got your friend invite Graphite

Oh and Infamous I have a airport extreme base station and it works fine

I think giving them a call is your best bet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FishinFool said:
Alright I got your friend invite Graphite

Oh and Infamous I have a airport extreme base station and it works fine

I think giving them a call is your best bet
How does is work through the Extreme Base Station? I don't really know much about the base station in general though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.