gifs in signatures

Reaction score
Am an iMAC newbie using Office 10 and want to know if it's possible to load a gif into signature line for e-mail?

C

chas_m

I don't know what you mean by "Office 10" -- I assume you mean Office 2011 for Mac.

As far as I know, neither Mail nor Outlook support animated GIFs (praise the heavens!!) in signatures.

Reaction score
Apple Mail does support non-animated GIFs for sure. Just drag it into your signature in Mail >Preferences.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't have Outlook setup to test this but I just tried to edit my signature and it let me drag in a GIF. I don't know if it will support animated ones but even if it does, I agree wholeheartedly with chas - an animated GIF in a signature would be a terrible idea.

Are you having any specific issues inserting the GIF?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have found that office 2011 will let you add gifs to signatures, but it then adds it again as an attachment so that the recipient sees two logos

Anyone else had this problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.