Picassa Photo Album

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
Does anyone know of a mac program that is the same as Picassa? My wife use Picassa and I am trying to replace the Dell with a mini but she wants to have a Picassa look a like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would imagine that iPhoto would be a more than good replacement for Picassa. It also comes free with all new Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
schweb said:
I would imagine that iPhoto would be a more than good replacement for Picassa. It also comes free with all new Macs.
Exactly. If anything, Picassa looks like a really bad iPhoto clone. At least to my eyes anyway :black:.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D3v1L80Y said:
Exactly. If anything, Picassa looks like a really bad iPhoto clone. At least to my eyes anyway :black:.

The benefit of Picassa is that it has a geat index system and with large thumnails on the left you can scroll very quickly. At present she has more than 100 picture folders. I use IPHOTO my self so I can see the difference.
I guess it is what someone is used to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You could always look at the new Kodak EasyShare software v5.0 which is a free download that may be better for her if it's closer to what she's used to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
D3v1L80Y said:

Have you used Picasa enough to backup such a comment?

If not, you may want to read some reviews, and you may be pleasantly surprised with what Picasa can do:
http://www.hartnup.net/wordpress/picasa-2-vs-iphoto/

Reaction score
Picasa is the best, FREE, photo managing software available. It is a shame that a full version is not available for Mac computers. I photo is garbage compared to Picasa.

I used to be a devoted PC user and recently switched to Mac. Soon after I learned about how managing the 1000's of pictures on my hard drive was going to much more difficult then it was before.

Picasa does offer a free webmail version that allows Mac users to post pictures but it does not have any of the editing tools that makes Picasa so user friendly

Reaction score
I also am a Picasa fan. It is great especially for a free program. If you are willing to shell out a little cash I can recommend Adobe Lightroom. It is a really great program, and if you use Photoshop at all the integration is nice. At least that has been my experience so far using this product.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does Lightroom show Folders like Picassa on left side of screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Picasa is the best, FREE, photo managing software available. It is a shame that a full version is not available for Mac computers. I photo is garbage compared to Picasa.

I used to be a devoted PC user and recently switched to Mac. Soon after I learned about how managing the 1000's of pictures on my hard drive was going to much more difficult then it was before.

Picasa does offer a free webmail version that allows Mac users to post pictures but it does not have any of the editing tools that makes Picasa so user friendly

If you are "managing" your pictures like you did in Windows, you are working much too hard, and not taking advantage of iPhoto's management. It could not be simpler to let iPhoto manage the library in finder, and you just manipulate within the app. iPhoto (in fact all of the mac experience) is so much simpler than the Windows way of micromanaging everything! Take a break -- give the mac way a chance! Your life will be much simpler for it! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
If you are "managing" your pictures like you did in Windows, you are working much too hard, and not taking advantage of iPhoto's management. It could not be simpler to let iPhoto manage the library in finder, and you just manipulate within the app. iPhoto (in fact all of the mac experience) is so much simpler than the Windows way of micromanaging everything! Take a break -- give the mac way a chance! Your life will be much simpler for it! ;D
Picasa also looks for all the pictures on your computer, so it doesn't matter how you manage your photos. I've not had any experience with iPhoto yet, but I can say that Picasa is a wonderful program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.