Connecting Snow Leopard to a domain?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Let me preface this by saying I am a Windows IT admin...and I really don't know anything about OS X...which really is hurting me at this point in time.

My boss has bought her self a Macbook Air with Snow Leopard, and wants me to get it configured to our system (Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003)

So far I've had no problems in setting up shares to her shared files and such, however I'm having a terrible time in getting it synced with our Exchange server.

We have Microsoft Office 2011 installed on the machine, and I just tried to connect it to our Exchange server (rs1) and it didnt work.

Then I tried web access, and that didnt work. Then, I tried adding some network printers (with proper Mac drivers) and that didnt work. Then I tried using the remote desktop connection...and you guessed it, that didnt work either.

So, I'm truly at a loss for what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would fantastic!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you need Exchange Server 2007 with service pack 1 in order to connect Office 2011. Earlier versions (Office 2008) I believe could hook up with Exchange Server 2003.

You might want to browse around the Mac Office forums sponsored by MS as they usually have one of their MVPs available to answer questions such as yours. LINK

OP
T
Reaction score
Hmm, you are totally right on that good sir. Now I'm trying to find a way to get Exchange 2003 support on Snow Leporard without getting another version of Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.