• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Marvel Fans Rejoice!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
The next few years look to be good ones for Marvel fans.

Thor and Captain America movies in 2011
Avengers movie in 2012
Ant Man, and possible sequels of Hulk and Spiderman to follow

Looking forward to this summer! :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I was just talking about this same thing with my friends. While we are looking forward to it we think it might be epic fail at the same time. >_<"

I'm looking forward for the Avengers though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I wouldn't be too sure of the whole rejoicing thing. Thus far, I can't say that what we have so far is worth talking about. None of the marvel comic adaptations have been able to hold a candle to DC's Batman, with the exception of Iron Man. Iron Man 2 was alright, but not as good as The Dark Knight in terms of sequels. The rest of the offerings are meh. I do enjoy the campiness of the X Men but pt. 3 was awful, and Wolverine Origins was embarrassing IMO.

Spiderman 1 was fairly decent, with good character development and such, but performances were stunted because of stupid reasons.. like the fact that what's her name stinks *can't remember the name of the girl that played Mary Jane for some reason*.

Hulk in any of its forms is HORRIBLE. They could have been great given a good plot and direction. Edward Norton walked into a complete cluster F on that one, and he is actually ideal for that role. Eric Bana, while a good actor, just didn't do crap with it, and that whole movie was just a cheesy mess. Not even my super hot girlfriend Jennifer Connoly was able to distract me from it!

As for the other Marvel movies, they are SO not even worth mentioning!

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I see epic fail in some cases. The Capt. America movie just looks terrible. Haven't see trailers for Thor yet. Spiderman has been good so far, they just need to keep them as good.n Hulk, well, they should have just skipped it...the old TV show was better.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see epic fail in some cases. The Capt. America movie just looks terrible. Haven't see trailers for Thor yet. Spiderman has been good so far, they just need to keep them as good.n Hulk, well, they should have just skipped it...the old TV show was better.

I actually liked the 2nd Hulk, but that may have been because the first was so dreadful I was just happy for anything to take taste out of my mouth.

BTW: You can't judge by the trailer obviously, but FWIW the Thor trailer looks pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's going to be a good couple of years for DC as well: Green Lantern in 2011, Batman and Superman in 2012. Then there are all those fantastic animated movies, the latest one being All-Star Superman, with a new Green Lantern animated movie coming out right before the live action flick.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's going to be a good couple of years for DC as well: Green Lantern in 2011, Batman and Superman in 2012. Then there are all those fantastic animated movies, the latest one being All-Star Superman, with a new Green Lantern animated movie coming out right before the live action flick.

Oh I just saw All-Star Superman. ^-^" I didn't like the ending so much though. >_<" I want more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

They've pretty much driven Batman and Superman into the ground. If they could keep a decent series of actors going but they keep changing it up and they all keep getting worse...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You mean you didn't like George Reeves? How about the Adam West - Burt Ward dynamic duo? :p

Trivia: Do you remember who played Kato in the original "Green Hornet" TV series?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I wouldn't be too sure of the whole rejoicing thing.
Well that's your opinion. I quite liked Spiderman 1 and Xmen 1. Xmen 2 was alright too. They tried to have emotion and not just be hardcore action like some of the other comic book movies. Iron Man I thought was alright (but not great) too.

But the Batman series in my opinion was not without flaw too. There has been 7 Batman movies to begin with. And in my opinion I only found 2 of them to be really good. Batman and Batman Returns.

Am I rejoicing with the announcement of these new marvel movies. No. But I do hope at least one of them turns out to be really good. I'll be happy then.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You mean you didn't like George Reeves? How about the Adam West - Burt Ward dynamic duo? :p

Trivia: Do you remember who played Kato in the original "Green Hornet" TV series?

Bruce Lee

EDIT: I have the complete original Superman series on DvD and I have to admit I still enjoy it. And Adam West as Batman was wonderful! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And Adam West as Batman was wonderful! :)

You didn't see much of him though in that movie. As every other second the screen was filled with Wham! And Smoosh! And Kapow! etc.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You didn't see much of him though in that movie. As every other second the screen was filled with Wham! And Smoosh! And Kapow! etc.

Agreed!
The series was far better than the movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Also upcoming: X-Men First Class, Iron Man 3.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
The first movie that I ever feel asleep to in the theaters was Fantastic Four. Some of these Marvel Comic movies really need to spend more money on story line.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The first movie that I ever feel asleep to in the theaters was Fantastic Four. Some of these Marvel Comic movies really need to spend more money on story line than relying on the action to tell it.

That's why I kind of like the animated films better. Closer to the actual Comic book story line.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
X-Men (and Batman - although owned by DC Comics) cartoon shows from the 90s were probably the most addictive, also Duck Tails. The X-Mex cartoons made me want to be an X-Men, is it weird I wanted to be Storm?

I do feel out of place in this thread, cause I never read one comic as a child. :(

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
X-Men (and Batman - although owned by DC Comics) cartoon shows from the 90s were probably the most addictive, also Duck Tails. The X-Mex cartoons made me want to be an X-Men, is it weird I wanted to be Storm?

I do feel out of place in this thread, cause I never read one comic as a child. :(

LOL Duck tails. I vaguely remember X-Men the Animated series.

It's a little weird that you wanted to be the "Weather Witch."

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Deadpool and Nick Fury also to be in 2012.

Nick Fury could be quite interesting, especially if they traced him all the way from his "Howling Commandos" days. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.