Computer to Computer Network (please help)

Reaction score
Hi All!

Just a quick question.

I have set up a Computer to Computer Network like this -

Mac 101: Create a wireless network between Mac and iPhone

So my Mac and my iPhone have a private network. All is working fine, my Mac turns itself into a device so my iPhone can see it and the 2 link fine.

When I then disconnect my mac as a device, sure all the connections are lost, but for some reason my mac does not remember the network I created. In order to link the two again I have to Create a new network and pop in the same details that my iPhone has remembered, they then all link again.

Can I save this network so when I want to activate it I just hit it and the link happens? Thanks for your help....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Best to set your default network under the location "Automatic" in the network prefs pane.

Make sure you save any changes. Network settings set in Automatic will auto connect to any wireless or wired network straight off whenever you start up without the need to manually connect

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.