Converting Audio on a DVD

J

.Joel

Hi,

I need a little hand, after spending last weekend converting a whole trip of digital video to DVD we finally went to play one today, and waiola, there is only noise out of our centre speaker on the home entertainment system. Now we have deleted all the files off the box we were using, it was a Windows XP box using the default video editing software that came with the LG 4163 DVDRW.

I am now home on my Mac with a good 15 DVDs all producing sound out of just the centre speaker, crackling now and again on the other 4. I would like to know how I can get atleast mono in 2 speakers. I am not interested in the whole 5.1 surround as it is just videos of us at the beach etc. However I would like it to atleast come out 2 speakers, even if it is the same sound and mono not sterio.

Can anyone please direct me into the right direction for what software to use and just how complicated it would be.

Regards,

Joel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
it sounds like your original files might be corrupted in some way. have you tried re-uploading them using your mac? try uploading them with iMovie or whatever mac software you have to your disposal and try playing them in quicktime. if they work in stereo there, then try burning them to dvd. it's possible the audio might have been lost in one of conversions.

HTH,
EY

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.