How to retrieve email accounts passwords???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
Have had my iMac for 3 years now and have several alias email accounts opened in my .mac account. I had the old AT&T iPhone for the last 2 years and it was able to gather all emails sent to my 4 .mac accounts, plus an AOL email account, and also my Yahoo email account. Just bought the new Verizon iPhone this week. It is asking for the passwords for the .mac alias accounts. I have looked everywhere and can not find them. I do know the password for the main user account. I have looked in the Keychain but that gives passwords for websites that I visit. Do I have to call Apple? Is there a hidden place in my iMac? Help!!
Carleen

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no password for the alias accounts. These are not separate accounts that you would set up to receive mail from.

They are alias'. They are not real. All email sent to one of those alias accounts are sent to the primary account.

You only set up the primary .mac account on the iPhone. All mail anyone sends to any of the alias accounts will be received on your iPhone by the primary account.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
Thanks!! I tried sending "test" emails to the alias addresses and it worked just like you said!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.